Monday, March 5, 2018

Character Animation | Collection of Inspiration

As I began designing my character, I looked at a lot of different inspiration, which can be seen below in this post. My character was very much based on a "lolita anime girl" even though she looks very cartoonized in an american style.

Here are some really basic sketches of girls that she was developed from. I feel like my drawings were not very clear and did not convey a lot of emotion.

Girl, Upper Body and Legs:

The legs for the girl were developed after the rough draft of my animation, and I plan on going back and adding them before turning in what I consider a final animation:

Original sketch of girl used mainly for some inspiration, pencil and water color pencil:

The following are some images of cartoon girls that heavily influenced her look.

INSPIRATION

(Style wise, not including legs): 

(Style wise, legs):


(Hair, limited to my drawing skills):



(Personality type):

Her animation was mainly based on my skills, and what I understood how to do. I did not base her on much other than a previous work of mine, which can be seen here:




No comments:

Post a Comment