Tuesday, February 20, 2018

Character Animation | Personality

(Edited this post on March 5th, 2018 to include definition of project, and character name)

This project can be described as designing a character and communicating her personality through the movement created with her. The latter of this project will include adding her to an environment to demonstrate a certain feeling.

I have given my character the name of Poppy! I chose this name because many japanese fashion statements can be described as pop, and that is very much what she is based off of. She is also given the name because her color is supposed to "pop". Finally, I gave her this name due to the poppy flower. I hope I am able to characterize her based not only off her names, but the movement given to her.

--

In class we were asked to think about the characters we had started designing. We were to think about the aspects of the character, how the personality is seen through the interactions of the character, and how the perspective of the character may change. What emotions describe your character? Who is your character?

I wrote a quick description during class:
My character is a sweet, poppy, happy type. She may be similar to the Japanese pop singers. She is happy, perky, young, innocent, and very very positive. I picture her falling in love easily. Very cute - kawaii - and she likes to have fun and enjoy those around her. I really picture her being a popstar or a cheerleader. She is supposed to be young and dream like. For a defining reaction, she would say "you should try out for the team," or "totally" and flash her peace sign.

We were then asked to think about the clothing, how her clothing might help define her personality. For example, someone shy might have a scarf.

I wrote a quick description:

Her clothing is cute, perky, and movable. I want her arms and legs to move to show her happy, open, and agile. Her shoulders would be open to the audience, and her long arms allow for reactions that talk with the hands. Large eyes with glitter and sparkles that show her interest. I chose the color pink for the feminist qualities, and the lighter shade to achieve the innocent look. 

I have to really focus on how the design of the character will insist the movement. I have begun pulling apart the character on to separate layers.


No comments:

Post a Comment